Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weekly Money Check-Up

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on Christmas gifts. But the best news is that I haven't charged anything to my credit card. Nothing, nada, zip. I think this is the first Christmas I can remember when I've paid everything in cash...and boy, does it feel good!
2. Today I feel less threatened by money. I have the power to control my money, instead of having it control me. Now that I've finally come to that conclusion, I look forward to some great changes ahead.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was take my toddler to our local Santa Claus parade. There's nothing better than sipping hot chocolate and watching my child's eyes light up in awe.
4. I will consider this week a success if I stop procrastinating and plan out my days better. I know I will feel so much better (and a lot more at peace) if I just get organized.
5. My favorite holiday song is anything off of the A Charlie Brown Christmas CD. My Dad put it in my stocking one year. It's from Starbucks, has a fun, jazzy feel to it, and makes me feel like a little girl again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment