Thursday, October 28, 2010

On the Hunt

Well, today was an interesting day (I use the term "interesting" loosely here). I literally spent the entire day at my computer completing one--YES, ONE!--online job application to enter a pool of qualified candidates. Is it just me, or is the online application process becoming more and more tedious? Ah well, it's all for the greater good. I can end my day knowing that I've accomplished something important. Now that one is done, the next will get easier.


One of the ways I'm regaining control of my life is reminding myself that nothing is ever handed to you (well, for most people anyway). Oh, believe me, I have worked long and hard to get where I am and I am proud of that. But if I want my current work environment to change, I have to be the one to change it. So I'm taking a little time out of each day to job search and apply to posts of interest. Are you in the midst of hunting for a new job? What is your most effective networking method?

No comments:

Post a Comment