Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cherishing my "Me" day

It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood--a crisp, but sunny 13 degrees--and I'm loving it! The thing I am most thankful for today is having some time to enjoy the company of great friends, all of them young mothers who are all too familiar with the daily grind. It's nice to be able to just kick back, eat out, do some shopping, and take in a good chick flick. H and M will also have the opportunity to enjoy some cherished daddy/daughter time this evening.

Since I have to watch my budget, I love shopping in high-end consignment shops...where I can get some really fabulous finds at great prices. I recently discovered one such shop in my nearby city that some friends had told me about. It's got a great mix of trendy, classic, and one-of-a-kind items that any fashionista would drool over. And the SHOES! Well, don't get me started. Sure, I love diamonds...but shoes can be my best friend too. All of this aside, it's just nice to have a little "me" time...and it's a good reminder that it's okay to just take care of myself. How about you? How do you spend your "me" days?

No comments:

Post a Comment